- Ministry Practicum for a semester or a full year.
- Clinical Pastoral Experience
- Pastoral Immersion
- 3000 level Pastoral Ministry course
- M3000A – Virtus Training Workshop
- M3000B – Human Sexuality Workshop
- M3000CPR -Understanding the Complexities of Power and Race for Ministry
- M3000D- Ministry Practicum Orientation and Interview Workshop
- Offering RCIA classes through campus ministry at St. Xavier University
- Working with Kolbe House on issue of restorative justice and prison chaplaincy
- Tutoring English as a Second Language at Mary Ward Center
- Companioning team of young adults in ministry at Old St. Patrick’s Church
- Responding to migrant needs through the Illinois Community for Displaced Immigrants
- Training for Spiritual Direction through the Claret Center
- One unit of CPE in conjunction with Association Clinical Pastoral Experience
- Religious education with mentally challenged populations through Faith and Fellowship.
There are many diverse opportunities to engage with communities and shape your identity as a minister. While a main focus is serving in placements throughout the Chicago area, students who live at a distance also participate. Our director of field education works with each student individually to discern placements and cultivate opportunities to help you do your placement right in your own community.
All placements are direct service, hands-on and supervised. Students required to take Field Education courses should contact the Director of Field Education during their first year at CTU.