Answers about applying to CTU
- Can I apply online? Yes. In an effort to make applying to Catholic Theological Union (CTU) convenient and user-friendly, we’ve moved to an online application system.
- How do I start? It’s easy. To begin your application to CTU, click here.
- How does it work? The online application allows you to apply from any computer with internet access —anywhere, anytime. Prompts within the web form will guide you as you go. If you need assistance, however, we’re just a phone call or e-mail away. Our contact information is provided below.
- Do I have to complete the application in one sitting? No. When you begin the application, you will be asked to log in by creating a username and password. You can save your work as you go, and return to the application again as many times as you need.
- What else do I need to submit?
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Application fee ($55.00)
- How do I submit my transcripts, letters of recommendation, and personal statement? You will have the option of uploading your personal statement as an electronic document in the online application. However, you may also send it along later as an e-mail attachment, or via fax or postal mail. Letters of recommendation can either be mailed to the Office of Admissions or e-mailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, transcripts must be mailed to the Office of Admissions, Catholic Theological Union, 5401 S. Cornell Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60615 USA or emailed to email@example.com.
- Can my references use this system, too? Although we ask you to list your references in the online application, they will need to submit their letters separately. Once your application is submitted, CTU will contact your references to complete the process.
- Can I update or edit my application online after I have submitted it? Once you click the “Submit” button you will be unable to make changes or edits to your application. If you do need to make changes after submitting your application, please contact the Office of Admissions and we can update your application.
- Who will see my online responses? Your responses will only be seen by the Office of Admissions and our application review committee. Your online application is secure and remains confidential.
- How can I submit my supporting documents and/or reach the Office of Admissions directly?