Answers about applying to CTU
How do I apply?
- Create a new username and password with our online application.
- Select which program you’d like to apply to:
- Continuing Education (if you are a new student who wants to just take a course for audit or credit outside of a degree or certificate program).
- Doctor of Ministry
- Master of Arts in Theology/Ministry/Pastoral Studies/Hispanic Theology & Ministry (later in the application you are able to select the specific degree you want to enroll in)
- Master of Divinity – General
- Master of Divinity – Ordination track
- Fill out all required sections of the application
- Submit completed application and pay the application fee
- Upload supporting documents to your application portal.
How do I know what I need to submit?
- Our How to Apply page lists what is required for each degree program
- Once you submit your application, your portal will have a checklist with items to still need to be submitted.
What if I want to pay the application fee by check or am having financial difficulty?
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 773-371-5412. We can give you an access code to help bypass the application fee.
How do I submit my application materials?
- Supporting materials including personal statements, resume, reading lists,letters of support, and transcripts need to be uploaded to your application portal after submitting the application form.
- If you request transcripts to be sent directly from the institution, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to:
Office of Admissions
5416 S. Cornell Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
- References will be emailed automatically using the contact information provided in the application form with instructions on how to submit their recommendation
Do I have to complete the application in one sitting?
Who will see my online responses?
Your responses will only be seen by the Office of Admissions and our application review committee. Your online application is secure and remains confidential.
How much does it cost to study at CTU?
The cost of tuition and estimated cost of tuition can all be found under Tuition & Fees.
How do I apply for scholarships?
We have a lot of scholarship opportunities, which you can explore on our website. You can also find information how which scholarships require additional essays.
The scholarship application is included within the application form itself under ‘Additional Questions.’
Don’t forget! The priority deadline for scholarships is February 1.
How do I submit my transcripts, letters of recommendation, and personal statement?
You will have the option of uploading your personal statement as an electronic document in the online application. Instructions on how to upload supporting documents to your applicant portal will be provided once your on-line application is completed and submitted. However, you may also send it along later as an e-mail attachment, or via fax or postal mail. Letters of recommendation can either be mailed to the Office of Admissions or e-mailed as an attachment to email@example.com.
Transcripts should be requested from the registrar’s office of the college or university where you received your degree. Usually this requires the completion of a short form and payment of a small fee set by that university or college. Most of the time this form is on the registrar’s website. Once the form is completed and the fee is paid the transcript will be sent to us.
Can I update or edit my application online after I have submitted it?
Once you click the “Submit” button you will be unable to make changes or edits to your application. If you do need to make changes after submitting your application, please contact the Office of Admissions and we can update your application.