Asian Pastoral Theology and Ministry Certificate
The Certificate is awarded for eighteen (18) hours of course work: fifteen (15) hours in Liturgical Studies and three (3) hours in an allied discipline (e.g., Biblical Studies, Spirituality, Intercultural Ministries). It can be completed through distance learning. Participants develop individual programs in consultation with the Director of the Certificate in Liturgical Studies.
Our courses cover the breadth of liturgical studies today from theological, historical, spiritual, and pastoral perspectives.
- Liturgy: Principles and Practices
- Initiation & Reconciliation
- Eucharist and Sacramental Theology
- Anointing of the Sick and Marriage
- Liturgy, Prayer, and Contemplation: Ecclesial Spirituality
- Liturgical Methods
- Practicum Courses in Liturgical Preaching, Presiding, and Lay
- Leadership of Prayer and Preaching
- Liturgical History
- Liturgical Year
- Liturgical Inculturation
- Catechesis and Religious Education in the Worshiping
- Patterns of Christian Prayer
- Ritual Studies
- Liturgies of Dying and Death
- Shaping Places for Worship
- Worship, Spirituality, and Digital Media Art
Catholic Theological Union offers a wide variety of certificate programs for students who wish to specialize in their theological education or prepare for service in new ministries.
Certificates vary in length from 18 to 24 hours of course work.
You may earn certificates in the following areas: Asian Pastoral Theology and Ministry, Biblical Spirituality, Black Theology and Ministry, Franciscan Spirituality, Hispanic Theology and Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Interreligious Studies, Liturgical Studies, Mission Studies, Pastoral Studies, Reconciliation and Restorative Justice, Spirituality, and Spiritual Formation.