Master of Arts in Ministry
Critical Dates and Deadlines
Priority Scholarship Deadline
Application deadline for Internationally-based students
Application deadline for US-based students
36 semester credits
- 18 semester credits required courses.
- 3 semester credits Ministry Practicum.
- 1.5 credit Final Integrating Component, determined by concentration.
- Additional required courses and elective options vary by concentration. See detailed program concentration outlines below.
- Engage in constructive theological reflection on Catholic scripture and tradition in a faithful, historically critical, and culturally and ecumenically sensitive manner.
- Demonstrate in practice the capacity for effective pastoral leadership within their particular cultural and religious contexts.
- Demonstrate progress toward integration as ministers/leaders, including growth in their spiritual formation and their development of a coherent theological vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or qualify for Bachelor degree equivalency.
- Recommend at least five years prior ministerial experience, paid or volunteer.
- English language proficiency for graduate level studies.
In addition to their course work, spiritual formation is required for all lay students who are pursuing a Master of Arts or Master of Divinity Degree. This formation helps them to integrate their theological coursework into their daily lives. Members of religious communities have formation provided by that community. For more information about formation programs for lay students at CTU, click HERE.