Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies
Critical Dates and Deadlines
Priority Scholarship Deadline
Application deadline for Internationally-based students
Application deadline for US-based students
The graduate of the Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies degree:
- Engages in constructive theological reflection on the Catholic scriptures and tradition, and the area of specialization in a faithful, historically critical and culturally and ecumenically sensitive manner.
- Demonstrates in practice the capacity for effective pastoral leadership in the specialized ministry including an understanding of its cultural and religious context.
- Demonstrates progress toward integration as a minister/leader including growth in spiritual formation and a coherent theological vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or qualify for Bachelor degree equivalency.
- Recommend at least three years prior ministerial experience, paid or volunteer.
- English language proficiency for graduate level studies.
Students enrolled in the MAPS program have the opportunity to focus elective courses in an area of their choosing or the option to enroll in a variety of elective offerings.
- Asian Pastoral Theology and Ministry
- Biblical Spirituality
- Black Theology and Ministry
- Hispanic Theology and Ministry
- Intercultural Studies
- Interreligious Studies
- Liturgical Studies
- Mission Studies
- Predicacion Catolica
- Spiritual Formation
- Franiscan Spirituality
- Reconciliation and Restorative Justice
In addition to their course work, spiritual formation is required for all lay students who are pursuing a Master of Arts or Master of Divinity Degree. This formation helps them to integrate their theological coursework into their daily lives. Members of religious communities have formation provided by that community. For more information about formation programs for lay students at CTU, click HERE.