Robin Ryan is a Passionist priest and theologian who serves as Professor of Systematic Theology and Director of the Master of Arts in Theology program. He earned Master of Divinity and Master of Arts degrees at Catholic Theological Union. He received his Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from The Catholic University of America. He is the author or editor of several books, including God and the Mystery of Human Suffering (Paulist, 2011).
Robin’s theological interests include the thought of Karl Rahner and Edward Schillebeeckx, the theology of redemption (soteriology), the mystery of suffering, and contemporary ecclesiological themes and issues.
Robin Ryan, CP
- Catholics on Call: Discerning a Life of Service in the Church (Liturgical Press, 2010), editor and contributor.
- God and the Mystery of Human Suffering: A Theological Conversation Across the Ages (Paulist Press, 2011)
- Jesus and Salvation: Soundings in the Christian Tradition and Contemporary Theology (Liturgical Press, 2015).
- Diccionario de la Pasión (Madrid: San Pablo, 2015) Contributor and English-language editor
- “God’s Presence in Our Suffering,” Incarnate Grace: Perspectives on the Ministry of Catholic Health Care (Catholic Health Association, 2017).
- “Priesthood in Religious Life: Perspectives from Pope Francis,” Priesthood in Religious Life: Searching for New Ways Forward (Liturgical Press, forthcoming).