Mark is member of the Clerics of St. Viator (Viatorians) and was professed in 1976 and ordained in 1982. He served three years in Bogotá, Colombia as chaplain and formation director at the Colegio San Viator. He taught liturgy at CTU from 1987-2000 and served from 1992-2000 on the ICEL (International Committee on the Liturgy) revisions and translations subcommittee. The focus of much of his scholarship has been on the relationship between liturgy and culture. From 1989-2000 Mark also taught in both English and Spanish in the liturgy certificate program sponsored by the Archdiocese of Chicago. In 2000 Mark was called to Rome to serve as the international superior of the Viatorians until 2012. After a year’s sabbatical as a visiting scholar at Santa Clara University in California, he was the seventh President of the Catholic Theological Union at Chicago, 2013-2020. He currently serves as the Provincial of the Viatorians, U.S. Province.
Mark R. Francis, CSV
- Local Worship, Global Church: Liturgy and Popular Religion (Liturgical Press, 2014)
- Liturgy in a Culturally Diverse Community: A Guide Towards Understanding FDLC, 2012)
- Shape A Circle Ever Wider: Inculturating the Liturgy in the US (LTP, 2000)
- Multicultural Celebrations: A Guide. Washington DC: FDLC, 2000.With Arturo Pérez Rodriguez, Primero Dios: Hispanic Liturgical Resource (LTP, 1997).
- Liturgy in a Multicultural Community (Liturgical Press, 1991).
- VIDEO with Arturo Pérez, “Un Pueblo Sacramental/A Sacramental People” Series of six videos
Introductions, Conclusion and Discussion Guides
1. Introducción2. Primera Comunión3. Presentación del Niño
4. Quince Años
5. La Boda
6. Pésame (Liturgy Training Publication/ Hispanic Television Network), 1999.