A Dominican Sister of Sinsinawa, Laurie Brink (Ph.D. University of Chicago) is Professor of New Testament Studies and New Testament Book review editor for The Bible Today. She teaches courses in the Gospels, Acts, NT Letters, and Early Christian literature. Her current research and pedagogical interests include contextualization and hermeneutics particularly the intersection of science, theology, and religious life.
As a Dominican, she is keenly interested in promoting biblical literacy and to that end has given presentations throughout the U.S. and in Australia, Bolivia, Israel, Jamaica, New Zealand, the Philippines, the Solomon Islands, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Laurie Brink, OP
- The Heavens are Telling the Glory of God: An Emerging Chapter for Religious Life, Science, Theology, and Mission (Liturgical Press, 2022).
- What does the Bible Say about Friendship (New City Press, 2019).
- Biblical Foundations of Spirituality. Touching a Finger to the Flame. 2nd. Ed. Barbara E. Bowe, with contributions from Laurie Brink and John R. Barker (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2017).
- Soldiers in Luke-Acts: Engaging, Contradicting, and Transcending the Stereotypes. WUNT II.362 (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2014).
- Commemorating the Dead: Texts and Artifacts in Context (DeGruyter, 2008), co-edited with Deborah Green
- In This Place: Reflections on the Land of the Gospels for the Liturgical Cycle (Wipf & Stock, 2008), co-authored with Marianne Race, CSJ.
- “Reading Beyond the Horizon: The Legacy of Lagrange through a Dominican Lens,” in The Future of Catholic Biblical Interpretation (eds. John A. Kincaid and James Prothro; Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, forthcoming).
- “Reconstructing the Cultural Horizon for Lucan Soldiers: Texts and Artifacts in Conversation,” in Forget Not God’s Benefits (Ps 103:2): A Festschrift in Honor of Leslie J. Hoppe, OFM (ed. Barbara E. Reid; Washington, D.C.: Catholic Biblical Association, 2022), 199-218.
- “Archaeology and the New Testament,” The Jerome Biblical Commentary (ed. Donald Senior, John J. Collins, Barbara Reid and Gina Hens-Piazza. London: T&T Clark, 2022).
- “‘For All the Earth’ (1 Cor 10:26): Mission and the Reign of God,” UISG Bulletin 117 (April 2022): 5-20. Translated into French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish.
- “The Differences Among Us: The Results of a Survey of Women Religious and the New Cosmology,” Review for Religious 1.2 (2021): 257-272.
- “From Multicultural Students to Intercultural Pedagogy: Creating Convivencia in the Classroom,” The Wabash Center Journal on Teaching 2.2 (May 2021).
- “Rooted in the Word: Reading the Bible Interculturally,” in Becoming Intercultural: Perspectives on Mission (eds. Lazar T. Stanislaus and Christian Tauchner; New Delhi: ISPCK, 2021), 19-35.
- “Here is our mother: Mary stands with all parents who mourn lost children,” US Catholic 85 (May 2020): 20-22.
Audio/DVD series for Learn25: Christ’s Seven Last Words: Your Guide to Spiritual Growth (2018); Acts of the Apostles ( 2014); and Paul’s Letter to the Philippians (2009).