Thriving Today is a new program offered by our Thriving in Ministry initiative that aims to provide quality content and supportive connections to enhance well-being in Catholic ministry. We hope that Thriving Today will bring together Catholic professionals in ministry for mutual understanding and support in the spirit of co-responsibility for the Church, including priests, deacons, religious men and women and lay men and women. The ten month pilot program includes a series of topics that will be presented online. Participants should expect to spend about 1-2 hours per week exploring themes and building relationships with other participants. Small groups will be formed within the larger cohort. While the program can be fully online, participants may choose to meet in person for monthly small group meetings at CTU in Hyde Park.
Each month, participants will engage in the following activities:
- • Week One: Reading and video content on D2L site (online program hosting provided by CTU)
- • Week Two: One-hour optional check-in meeting with other Thriving Today participants via Zoom
- • Week Three: Reflection guide based on the monthly materials
- • Week Four: Two hour session with small group (online via Zoom, or in person as group determines and schedules with their facilitator)
The topics discussed are meant to reflect upon the video content and articles provided to address that month’s theme. While most of the interaction will be in person or via Zoom, participants may want to utilize the online discussion board as well. Additionally, Thriving Today participants will be expected to take part in requirements for program assessment. This will include a brief initial interview and a survey as well as the writing of short reflection and completion of another survey at the conclusion of the ten month program.
If you have more questions about Thriving Today, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program themes include:
- • Presence & Prayer
- • Emotional Flexibility
- • Embodiment
- • Self-Compassion
- • Non-violent Communication
- • Navigating Difficult and Controversial Conversations
- • Ministry & Power
- • Ministerial Values & Success
- • Fostering Habits for Wellbeing in the Workplace
If you would like to be considered for participation in our next cohort starting September 2020, please complete the following form and we will be in contact within 5 business days.