A Living-Learning Community Co-Creating the Church of Tomorrow
Once you click the above pop-up, click any of the colorful arrows on the game board to learn more about that topic!
Pathways@CTU is a new living-learning community for young adults — especially those from Hispanic/Latin@, African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, LGBTQ+, and other marginalized groups — who are passionate about co-creating the Church of tomorrow. Pathways students are working to co-create the Church we wish to see in the world: one that embodies love, justice, and inclusivity.
Pathways@CTU allows students to create the kind of community programming that reflects the changing needs of the Church, while preparing for ministry that focuses on justice and activism.
Over the course of two years, Pathways students will earn a Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies while receiving:
- Full-tuition scholarship
- Graduate assistantship with stipend
- Intentional community living with housing provided
- Integrated personal and community formation
- Leadership development
- Pathways@CTU application form (see below)
- MAPS degree application
- One reference: Please provide a reference from someone who can directly speak to your interest and potential to grow in the areas of leadership, community and commitment to issues of justice (this may also serve as a reference for your degree application).
- Interview (applicants will be contacted upon submission of their application)
- Essay (in addition to admissions application): Please provide an additional 500 word essay that addresses the following:
- Your interest in the Pathways@CTU Living Learning Community
- Your experience of and hopes for leadership in the Church
- Previous experience(s) of community life and formation and your understanding of the relationship between community and theological formation.
For additional information or to have a discussion about your discernment process, please contact Karen Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ellen Romer Niemiec at email@example.com, or 773.371.4333.