Catholic Theological Union Website Privacy, Copyright, and Event Refund Policies
What information do we collect?
- CTU may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of this website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering for ctu courses and events, newsletters, blogs, research or membership
How do we use your personal information?
- CTU collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Any personal information you provide to us will be captured and used only to tailor our service offerings to better suit your needs. We will not sell, trade, rent, or give your personal information to third-party companies or organizations. Any information we present to third parties will be in the form of aggregate statistics. Personal information about you, such as your name and address, will not be disclosed to such parties without your consent. We may provide summary statistics about our users interests and preferences, traffic patterns and related site information to a reputable third party. These statistics do not include personally identifiable information. They are used only to enhance the design of our Web site and customize new products offerings to our members.
- If you participate in an online survey or use one of our other promotional features, such as a free subscriber, and complete an online form, we may ask for your name, address, e-mail address, and other pertinent information to administer the content and tabulate survey results. We will not share or sell any of this information to other organizations.
- In addition to the disclosures identified above, ctu may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
- To improve our site and make it more useful, we may use “cookies” for navigation, or for customization of information that we may present to you. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change this feature in your browser.
- We also track and collect information about your use of our services by the numeric address assigned to the computer you are using (your IP address) or by the URLs that you come from or go to. We may also automatically collect and store statistics and other information about you and your use of our website both on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis and in a manner that may allow us to associate such information with other personal information about you. However, this information is only used internally for user experience and to measure website performance.
- If you decide to register for one of our webinars, courses or events and make an online purchase, we will collect only the information necessary for authentication and billing purposes. When you order and pay online, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit card number and expiration date, or member information. This allows us to process and fulfill your orders, and to notify you of your order status.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)* server software is used to prevent unauthorized access to the information you submit when you make online payments. When you make online payments, SLL encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. You can identify the secure connection by looking at the URL, which will begin with https: (instead of http:)
How is international information handled?
- Personal data, which you have voluntarily entered, is delivered electronically to our servers located in the United States. By using these forms, you consent to the transfer of this data, and to our use of such data as outlined in this policy.
- By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Catholic Theological Union.
How do we protect personally identifiable information?
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Safeguards include restricted access to computer systems and paper files, firewalls, encryption and secure authentication methods.
Can I opt out of allowing ctu to use my personal identifiable information?
- You can be removed from our database in order to stop receiving communications from us by contacting email@example.com.
How can I contact Catholic Theological Union?
This copyright statement applies to all photos and videos found on this website, and any other sites related to Catholic Theological Union. Please read carefully before downloading, linking to, or printing copies for use.
- The photographs and videos contained on this, and any other site under the ctu.edu domain, are the property of Catholic Theological Union and are protected by United States and International copyright laws. All copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights in this site, are the property of Catholic Theological Union.
All photographs and videos on ctu.edu are owned by Catholic Theological Union.
- No permission, either express or implied, is granted for the electronic transmission, storage, retrieval, or printing of the photographs contained on ctu.edu, other than that which is related to the normal “caching” practices of web browsers and activities such as downloading solely for your personal enjoyment. No parties/individuals visiting or viewing images from ctu.edu, may otherwise copy, modify, publish, transmit, or distribute the contents of the photographs found herein. Express written permission must be granted, on behalf of the photographer (copyright holder), in order to use these photographs for any purpose that is not outlined above.
Your use of ctu.edu or viewing of this statement indicates your acceptance of these conditions.
Personal Use Criteria
- The following are a list of conditions where Catholic Theological Union gives individuals permission to link to (or copy) JPEG images and other material at no charge:
- You may print a copy of any photograph for personal reference without further permission.
- Students are welcome to download images and incorporate them into school reports, presentations, etc. for free so long as proper credit/citation is given, without my further permission.
- Anyone can download images from Desktops / Wallpapers for the express use of displaying them on screen on any personal computer that is not being used for commercial or public viewing purposes.
Free Web Usage Criteria
- The following conditions define authorization for use of images/video on the Web, free of charge, so long as proper attribution of copyright is given to Catholic Theological Union and include the e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org in said attribution:
- You may make LINKS to the images on pages you maintain for yourself for personal, non-commercial use.
- Those persons who wish to use the photography found on this site in a commercial use must receive written consent from Catholic Theological Union prior to its commercial use. To obtain consent, interested parties should send an e-mail to email@example.com. In that e-mail the following should be addressed:
- Image/video(s) you would like to use
- Where they will be displayed
- How they will be displayed
- Intent of its display
- Duration of their public viewing
- Any other information you feel would be useful
- Any commercial use of Catholic Theological Union photography without prior consent is a violation of United States and International copyright law.
Copyright Protection Tactics
- In an attempt to maintain the integrity of the copyrighted photos/videos found on this site, several copyright protection methods have been utilized. Some of these tactics include, but are not limited to:
- Placement of watermarks
- Resizing of images
- Conversion of images to low resolution for web use
- If you would like to use a specific photograph with some of the copyright protection tactics removed, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and describe what the intended use of the imagery with the copyright protections tactics reduced.
Copyright Infringement is Serious
- The act of infringing on a copyright is a very serious business and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. We ask that you refrain from copying anything from the site onto your own hard drive, diskette(s), printer, etc. You are welcome to copy the hyperlinks to other sites found on ctu.edu, however, we ask that you do not copy any of the graphics, photographs, videos, or articles from this site for your own use (other than the terms stated above). Doing so is an infringement of the United States and International copyright laws.
Event Refund Policy
Event Cancellation by Sponsor
- Catholic Theological Union reserves the right to cancel an event/trip due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If Catholic Theological Union cancels a ticketed event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- These above policies apply to all Catholic Theological Union events and trips unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.