The James and Catherine Denny Center
at Catholic Theological Union
5416 South Cornell Avenue, Chicago
Catholic Theological Union at Chicago is pleased to offer conference and gathering spaces to not-for-profit organizations of Chicago.
Located in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood, CTU is minutes from all the attractions of downtown Chicago and just steps from beautiful Lake Michigan. Here, groups will find the convenience of being in an urban setting with the restfulness of a quiet neighborhood by the water.
Built in 2006, CTU’s Denny Center, Academic and Conference Center was designed as both a school of theology and a place to serve the wider community. This centerpiece of the CTU campus offers:
- Assembly space
- Classrooms (Zoom Rooms)
- Conference space
- Reception space
- Liturgical space
- Parking garage
Groups from 2 to 300 are able to gather for one day to multiple weeks. Whatever the purpose — anniversaries, assemblies, banquets, classes, conferences, graduations, holiday gatherings, lectures, luncheons, receptions, retreats, reunions, seminars, workshops — CTU event staff will work with you to accommodate your needs.
Catholic Theological Unions’ Denny Center is located:
- 15 minutes from downtown Chicago via Lake Shore Drive
- 22 minutes from Midway Airport
- 35 minutes from O’Hare International Airport
CTU is easily accessible from Interstates 90, 94, 55, and 290, and only one block from CTA buses and Metra stops.
Rent Our Space
CTU has the right combination of space for your group gathering:
- 5 large gathering spaces (including a grand assembly hall that seats up to 300)
- 7 classrooms
- 3-4 small break-out rooms
- 4 conference rooms
- 4 reception areas (including an art gallery)
- 2 chapels
- Meditation room
These rooms and gathering spaces all offer flexible seating and can be used for multiple purposes.
Our Zoom Classrooms are equipped with a software-based meeting endpoint that is available in the majority of CTU classrooms. The Zoom Room touchscreen allows you to join and manage virtual meetings, and contains many of the familiar controls you would see in the Zoom desktop application. Each Zoom Room is configured to use its room’s audiovisual equipment by default.
In addition to the various meeting and prayer space options, CTU offers the following:
- Planning – Onsite Events Manager to help you plan your event.
- Parking – An attached parking garage in the main building can accommodate up to 150 cars.
- IT/Audio-Visual – Every classroom and the assembly hall spaces offers state-of-the-art audio-visual technology. This includes Zoom Room technology, LCD projectors & screens, computers, lapel microphones, Wi-Fi access, Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, DVD and VHS player, and surround sound. Events can be audio or video recorded at additional cost.
- Hospitality – CTU offers on-site catering options to provide meals, coffee breaks, snacks, party trays, or complete banquet needs, including servers, bartenders, linens, decorations, and special rental needs.
In order to host an event in our conference space, the organization must provide the following:
- 501 (c) 3 Status – All organizations hosting an event at CTU must be a not-for-profit/501(c)3 organization.
- Certificate of Insurance – All organizations hosting an event at CTU must warrant and produce evidence in the form of a Certificate of Insurance showing that the Licensor is specifically “added as an additional insured’ under Licensee’s policy for Comprehensive General Liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury, including death of $1,000,000 per occurrence, with an aggregate of $2 million. This coverage shall be considered primary insurance and any other coverage available to CTU shall be excess.