The Master of Arts in Ministry allows beginning or seasoned ministers an opportunity to delve more deeply into an area of their intended or existing ministry. This program consists of a core set of courses in bible, theology, and ministry; concentration area required and elective courses; a ministry practicum with theological reflection; and a final integrating component. The successful graduate of the MA in Ministry will have the requisite knowledge and skills needed for pastoral ministry and a variety of leadership roles within a variety of contexts.
This program can be completed full- or part-time either with residency or through distance learning.
Program Structure (36 semester credits)
- 18 semester credits required courses
- 3 semester credits Ministry Practicum
- 1.5 credit Final Integrating Component, determined by concentration
- Additional required courses and elective options vary by concentration. See detailed program concentration outlines below.
In addition to their coursework, all CTU students participate in spiritual formation that helps them integrate their theological coursework into their daily lives. For more information about formation programs at CTU, click here.
- Engage in constructive theological reflection on Catholic scripture and tradition in a faithful, historically critical, and culturally and ecumenically sensitive manner
- Demonstrate in practice the capacity for effective pastoral leadership within their particular cultural and religious contexts; and
- Demonstrate progress toward integration as ministers/leaders, including growth in their spiritual formation and their development of a coherent theological vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or qualify for Bachelor degree equivalency
- Recommend at least five years prior ministerial experience, paid or volunteer
- English language proficiency for graduate level studies
Requirements for International Students
Critical Dates and Deadlines
- February 1 – Priority Scholarship Deadline
- May 1 – Application deadline for Internationally-based students
- August 15 – Application deadline for US-based students