The MA in Biblical Ministry is designed to prepare pastoral ministers for a variety of leadership roles in the Roman Catholic and other biblical ministry contexts. Specifically, this degree is designed to give the student the knowledge and skills needed to conduct biblical ministry in a variety of settings, usually on the parish level.
This program can be completed full or part-time on campus, or part-time online with a limited residency requirement dependent upon online course offerings.
Program Structure (36 semester credits)
- 15 semester credits required courses
- 3 semester credits Ministry Practicum
- 16.5 semester credits Scripture elective courses
- 1.5 Portfolio course
- Students are required to develop a portfolio of their written and field work as a student at Catholic Theological Union. The student will meet with their academic advisor to assist them in discerning what documentation should be included in this portfolio. A portfolio orientation is offered each academic year as well as a seminar which is to be taken during the last year of a student’s academic time at CTU.
In addition to their coursework, all CTU students participate in spiritual formation that helps them integrate their theological coursework into their daily lives. For more information about formation programs at CTU, click here.
- Engage in constructive theological reflection on Catholic scripture and tradition in a faithful, historically critical, and culturally and ecumenically sensitive manner
- Demonstrate in practice the capacity for effective pastoral leadership within their particular cultural and religious contexts; and
- Demonstrate progress toward integration as ministers/leaders, including growth in their spiritual formation and their development of a coherent theological vision.
Critical Dates and Deadlines
- March 1, 2020 – CTU Scholarship Application Deadline (all admission application material must be received by CTU by March 1, 2020 in order to be considered for scholarships)
- May 1, 2020 –Application deadline for Internationally-based students
- August 15, 2020 – Application deadline for US-based students