A generalist ministerial degree designed for people with substantial experience in ministry who wish to engage that experience with academic, doctoral work. Grounded in practical theology, the degree respects the knowledge of the participants and challenges them to consider their experience within a variety of theoretical frameworks.
At Catholic Theological Union, students engage in a transforming, intercultural academic experience as they prepare to become leaders for the local and global Church, ready to witness to the good news of Jesus Christ.
30 semester credits
- Core I – Program Immersion Seminar (3 semester credits)
- Four courses within concentration area (12 semester credits total)
- Two courses outside concentration area (6 semester credits total)
- Core II – Thesis-Project Proposal Preparation Seminar (3 semester credits)
- Thesis-Project (6 semester credits)
- Five years’ experience in ministry leadership with minimum of three years after finishing their MDiv.
- Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent (approximately 72 graduate credits).
- 3.0 GPA in religious or theological studies.
- English language proficiency for graduate level studies.
- March 1, 2020 – CTU Scholarship Application Deadline (all admission application material must be received by CTU by March 1, 2020 in order to be considered for scholarships)
- May 1, 2020 – EDMin application deadline for International students
- July 15, 2020 – EDMin application deadline for US-based students
- August 27-29, 2020 – Core I: Program Immersion Seminar