Jobs at CTU
For those interested in a career with Catholic Theological Union, the following positions available at CTU are listed below.
If you are an alumnus and would like more information about job postings, click here.
Director of Development
Catholic Theological Union (CTU) seeks a full-time Director of Development to lead our ongoing fundraising and community engagement needs. The Director of Development reports directly to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and is responsible for the design and implementation of our development plan. This will include CTU’s annual fund, foundation relations and grant writing, event planning and execution, donor stewardship and cultivation, community partnerships and collaboration. As a member of the Advancement Team, the individual works closely with team members, to ensure the fulfillment of CTU’s mission.
The individual must be committed to CTU’s mission and have both a passion for and successful track record in fundraising and donor relations. The Director of Development must be able to motivate and support Board members, faculty & staff, alumni and donors to reach targeted annual fundraising goals.
The Director of Development also works with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement in producing the annual report and the quarterly Board of Trustees’ Development Reports. CTU is in a campaign celebrating its 50th anniversary. It is expected that the Director of Development will support securing and stewarding campaign gifts and she/he will play an active role in the school’s 50th Anniversary celebration taking place in 2018-19.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualities and Abilities Required
- Creative, self-starter, team player
- Visionary and strategic leadership related to philanthropy
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Organization skills, versatility, and ability to prioritize and balance a multi-faceted work load
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a comparable senior leadership position with a broad and successful record in fundraising.
- Sensitivity and appreciation for working in a Catholic graduate school of theology and ministry
- Experience and high degree of competency with fundraising software
- Ability and willingness to travel, drive to appointments, and work nights and evenings as needed
- Direct experience in capital campaign fundraising is a plus
Key Responsibilities and Everyday Activities
- Planning, executing and evaluating annual fundraising campaigns and ongoing activities
- Managing the department’s budget and fundraising income programs and reporting
- Oversee grant schedule of proposals and report writing
- Direct compilation of grant proposals, working with the various constituents involved
- Identifying prospective donors and stewarding all current donors
- Recruiting, training and managing fundraising staff
- Delighting constituents through the planning of Events
- Overseeing data management, utilizing eTapestry online database
- Initiate and monitor communications with donors, staff and alumni through newsletters, eMarketing and website as a cultivation tool
- Developing solicitation materials – online and print
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred; CFRE credential and/or ongoing fundraising education desired
Catholic Theological Union (CTU), located in the Hyde Park (U of C) neighborhood of Chicago, is sponsored by twenty-four religious men’s communities. Its student body includes religious order seminarians and lay men and women preparing for Church service in various forms. The school offers several graduate degrees at the Master’s and Doctoral level. For further information see the school’s website: www.ctu.edu.
Please send cover letter and resume along with salary history to the attention of Sharon Fleming, HR Generalist (email@example.com).
Detail notable fundraising experience (planning, training and successful execution) in your cover letter and explaining how your past fundraising experience will benefit CTU and enable you to successfully transition into the Director of Development position.
CTU is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply.